- The contest is open to artists of any age – students through adult – Must be residents of the United States.
- Entries must contain original artwork.
- The artwork needs to be created in a square design, in the following size: 11” x 11″.
- All entries should include the following text: “Empty Bowls”. A graphic artist will later overlay date, time and location information.
- Participants should submit their unique interpretation of Empty Bowls – A Serving of Food, Art and Music. Artwork can be an original painting, drawing, photo, computer generated illustration or screen print.
- First Place: $100
- Each Artist Entry: $15 ticket to Empty Bowls event
(*ticket for event only, does not include bowl*)
Submission Deadline: February 28, 2023
- Entries can be submitted electronically (preferred) to email@example.com or original artwork can be dropped off to the Food Bank offices (4600 Central Avenue, Monroe, LA 71203).
- Resolution / File Format – Artwork should be a minimum of 300DPI and in .JPG,.TIFF or .PDF format.
- Include full name of artist, email address, phone number, and school / organization (if applicable)
Questions? Call Sarah at 318-322-3567
About Empty Bowls
Empty Bowls is a unique fundraising event where artists come together to craft and donate hundreds of bowls to be sold as part of this special event. This family friendly lunch event supports the Food Bank of Northeast Louisiana’s fight against hunger in our community. The goal is to raise awareness for hunger while also raising critical funds to provide food assistance to those struggling with hunger locally.
With the price of an event ticket, guests can choose a beautiful bowl to take home as a reminder of all of the empty bowls in our community. A tasting of signature dishes from multiple local restaurants will be served, accompanied by music, activities and a silent auction. Ticket sales support the fight against hunger through the Food Bank of Northeast Louisiana.
For tickets or more information, visit www.EmptyBowlsNELA.com